Proclamation Eleon Garros 2020 -21
Dear Eleon Garros friend,
Thank you very much for your active involvement, participation and enthusiasm in our tennis tournaments!
Get ready and fasten your seat belts because another exciting tournament, is due to begin!
More specifically our new Ladder tourn., 2020-21 will host all players on a
single league but this year with a remarkable change: The starting rank on the draw will be decided by a random draw.
If interested to participate, please confirm by sms to: Menelaos Theodoulou 99609023, latest by Friday 23/10/2020.
Rules and regulations:
- Each player may challenge an opponent that is ranked up to five seats
above him and the match should be done within seven days max. (there will be no extra day and this rule will be followed very strictly).
The challenger wins then he takes the challengee’s position and the
challengee falls by one seat. If the challenger loses then they both retain
- The challenger must allow 48 hours after the match, irrespective of the
result before challenging anybody, just to give a fair opportunity to other
players to challenge him.
- No match can be cancelled since announced in the official website of the
Tournament and its it is the responsibility of the challenger to liaise with the challengee to find a commonly acceptable date and time for the match.
- If a match cannot be played within the seven days’ time limit, then the unavailable
party loses the match. There is an additional penalty of 48 hrs delay for walk overs.
i.e., if the challenger fails to play his match and is walked over, then his next challenge can take place in 4 days. If the w/o is the challengee’s responsibility, he is
penalized with two days delay respectively.
- The challengee in any case has the right to accept or refuse a challenge
(irrespective of the match’s result) for 48 hours after his previous match.
He is allowed, however to challenge anybody (up to five seats above
him), any time, even right after his previous match.
- A player is declared unavailable for play and is marked with grey colour
in cases of travel abroad, injury or any other personal reason that is
declared in time, to Menelaos. Grey players lose one rank position by
default for 10 days being inactive.
- For challenge purposes Grey players are temporarily inactive and should be ignored until they change status. That means a possible challenge by number 25 to 19 if e.g., 20 is ‘grey’. The grey player may challenge 48 hours after his status change, that is, from grey to normal.
- New players may enter the ladder tournament any time with the prior consent of the Organising Committee (OC) and are placed at the end of the tableau after they pay their participation fee.
- The tournament/ladder will start on 25/10/2020 and finish 30/04/2021. The last challenge will be 23/04/2021.
- There will be no Xmas holidays or any other break for the tourn players. If by any chance matches are cancelled due to rain then there will be extension of the day to finish the match.
- After the first phase is finished, the top sixteen or twenty-four players
(depending on the participation) of the draw at the time, will go on to the knock outs.
- The tourn., is a best of three with the 3rd set being a super tie break, i.e a
tie break to 10 points instead of a full set.
Yet, two players may agree in advance that they will play a third set upon
their discretion and of course based on courts availability.
- Due to lack of availability of courts each set will be played with no advantage.
- Eleon Garros Ladder 2020-21 players, are allowed to play their matches
in any tennis court they wish, provided they will follow the above rules and communicate the result timely.
- Above rules and regulations may change any time towards the best
interest of the tournament, as defined by the Organizing committee.
- Participation fee this year will be €30 euros in order to cover increased expenses.
The participants may pay their participation fee by cash to Menelaos, Serghios or Makis or by direct transfer to our Bank of Cyprus account prior to the
commencement of the tournament. Bank of Cyprus IBAN:
How we challenge:
Just send your challenge by sms to Menelaos Theodoulou 99-609023 and
state your name and the opponent you want to challenge. If your challenge is valid then both, your challenged opponent (challengee) and you (the
challenger), will receive a confirmation sms with the nominal due date the match has to be completed upon.
As soon as the match is over an sms must be sent as above, from the winner
with the correct score.
Finally, our special thanks to our sponsor as follows:
Mega Sponsor: NELAZA Ltd (Nektarios Fakas),
Last but not least our special thanks go to Menelaos Theodoulou that has accepted
to maintain our website (www.tennis4all.eu) and offer his precious services to this
Good luck to all and may the best player wins!
The organizing Committee
Serghios Savvides (99466712)
Makis Lazarou (99639695)
Vassosv Eliades (99635251)
Melis Theodoulou (99609023)